This month's Birchbox seems to be all about the mixed opinions. Some think the box is amazing, others are more than a little underwhelmed... me, I fall somewhere in between.
What I got?
- Beauty Blender + Blendercleanser (£16) (what, seriously? I can buy a MAC lipstick for this price and still have enough to buy an economy pack of sponges from Poundland.)
- Yves Rocher Sheer Botanical Lipstick (£9.90 introductory price, £18 usually)
- OPI Nail Lacquer - The Brazil Collection (£11.95)
- Naobay Body Radiance Lotion (£14)
- Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre (£12.99)
- Birchbox Brazil-inspired keyring
I've already tried the lipstick and the nail lacquer, so: mini review time, I guess.
Yves Rocher as a brand are some of my favourites (and I'm super excited about the foundation they have on the Birchbox website), but this lipstick is definitely not something I would have gotten for myself. Already a sheer formula, I got the shade Litchi, which is super-pale and barely shows on my lips. It is a lovely colour and perfect for a no make-up make-up look, or something you can pop in your bag on the go, but it's not much for the price tag they've placed on it.
So apparently my shade of the OPI nail lacquer is 18, which is kinda confusing, but okay. Again, not exactly one I'd choose for myself, but I don't mind it too much, mostly because it is a discovery box, and I'd rather have a colour than another nude. It applies opaque in two coats, and I'll keep you updated on the chipping power.
Overall, this month's Birchbox was okay in that it has a lot of products I would not have bought for myself, and it also has a couple of brands that were unknown to me. Not exactly a dream box, but definitely a discovery one, so I'm looking forward to what they have in store next month.